The Southern Finger Lakes will be an internationally renowned arts haven filled with homegrown talent and creative people who have moved here to join the vibrant multi-county arts scene.
The arts are foundational to the human experience and a thriving region. We elevate our community through support, advocacy and promotion of the arts.
As a multi-county arts organization, The ARTS Council of the Southern Finger Lakes provides a number of services which fulfill the above mission:
- Increasing arts programming and opportunities for the public regionally and statewide by granting State and local funds to artists, arts/cultural organizations and schools;
- Increasing public awareness of and access to the diverse folk arts traditions of the Southern Tier;
- Advocating for arts education and the value of life-long learning in the arts;
- Providing technical assistance, linkages, advocacy and other services to individual artists and arts/cultural organizations;
- Increasing awareness of the importance of the arts to the economy of the Southern Tier and beyond; and
- Further serving the public through our regional arts calendar, special school arts activities and information sharing.
Programs and services of The ARTS Council of the Southern Finger Lakes are made possible with public funds from the New York State Council on the Arts, a State agency, local foundations, county governments, members and patrons. A listing of our Board of Directors and Staff is available here.
Please click here to make a tax-deductible contribution to support The ARTS Council’s work.
You can request a copy of our most recently filed financial report from the Charities Bureau Registry on the New York Attorney General’s website (charitiesnys.com), by phone at 212-416-8401, or by contacting:
New York State Attorney General
Department of Law
28 Liberty St
New York, NY 10005
To join The ARTS Council as an Artist Member, please click here.