COVID-19 Safety Update
The ARTS Council is committed to serving artists and the arts community. Service extends beyond simply providing opportunities and resources. It requires thinking of the artist, and all members of our community, as whole people with needs and vulnerabilities. Therefore, as the COVID 19 rates rise in our service region, we require all visitors to the gallery or offices to wear a mask. Furthermore, for the time being, all indoor programs will require both attendees and artists to wear masks and provide proof of vaccination. To find the nearest vaccination site, visit: vaccines.gov. If you have concerns or questions about our approach to the developing COVID situation, please contact Connie at director@eARTS.org or 607-962-1332.
The ARTS Council and Evelyn Peeler Peacock Gallery is open Monday – Friday, 9:00AM – 5:00PM.
We believe in championing and collaborating with artists and the greater community to support creative expression that inspires a more diverse and inclusive region.
The ARTS Council of the Southern Finger Lakes will support regional artists, making the Southern Finger Lakes an arts haven filled with talented and creative people, inspiring a vibrant and accessible multi-county arts scene.
The ARTS Council of the Southern Finger Lakes is the regional organization that empowers artists and encourages arts advocacy, fosters creativity and economic vitality, creates diverse connections and collaborations, and champions innovation and equity within the arts to cultivate a dynamic community.
As a multi-county arts organization, The ARTS Council of the Southern Finger Lakes provides a number of services which fulfill the above mission:
- Increasing arts programming and opportunities for the public regionally and statewide by granting State and local funds to artists, arts/cultural organizations and schools;
- Increasing public awareness of and access to the diverse folk arts traditions of the Southern Tier;
- Advocating for arts education and the value of life-long learning in the arts;
- Providing technical assistance, linkages, advocacy and other services to individual artists and arts/cultural organizations;
- Increasing awareness of the importance of the arts to the economy of the Southern Tier and beyond; and
- Further serving the public through our regional arts calendar, special school arts activities and information sharing.
Programs and services of The ARTS Council of the Southern Finger Lakes are made possible with public funds from the New York State Council on the Arts, a State agency, local foundations, county governments, members and patrons. A listing of our Staff is available here and a list of our Board of Directors in available here.
Please click here to make a tax-deductible contribution to support The ARTS Council’s work.
You can request a copy of our most recently filed financial report from the Charities Bureau Registry on the New York Attorney General’s website (charitiesnys.com), by phone at 212-416-8401, or by contacting:
New York State Attorney General
Department of Law
28 Liberty St
New York, NY 10005
To join The ARTS Council as an Artist Member, please click here.