Volunteer position description:
Under the supervision of the Volunteer Coordinator, Gallery Volunteers are responsible for reception, sales, inventory, and minor housekeeping duties, such as:
- Help make The ARTS Council Gallery a welcoming pleasant place – greet each guest upon entering and allow them to browse at their leisure
- Many guests will be tourists. Provide information, as needed, about things to do, places to eat, and things to see
- Inform visitors, if asked, about upcoming events and the benefit of becoming a member of The ARTS Council
- Provide membership application forms and accept payment
- Perform sales transactions; following written procedures, accept cash, checks or credit cards for sale of artworks
- If working during a pick up/drop off week for the gallery, following written procedures – gather information from each artist, add and release artworks from the Gallery inventory, make labels for artworks, etc.
- Answer the telephone, provide information, and if needed, take messages or forward calls to staff extensions
- Housekeeping duties such as: sweeping, dusting, straightening up displays, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned
If you are interested in becoming a Volunteer, please fill out the application below:
We appreciate you taking the time to fill out this volunteer application! The information you provide will assist us in placing you in an appropriate volunteer opportunity that will match your skills and interests.