Date(s) - 05/02/2021
COVID-19 has shattered the very foundations on which we stand. A world taking refuge behind masks has both divided us and united us, scared us and inspired us. But there is one thing we can all cling to: hope for the future, a better and brighter world made so by the truths we have faced and the lived experiences we now all have because of this pandemic.
The COVID-19 Response Show, part of a larger undertaking by The ARTS Council, seeks artists of all mediums to draw inspiration upon their experiences during this pandemic. Work is meant to not only reflect life during this pandemic, but to also document this time and offer a creative response to a world turned upside down. Artists have always been part of a community’s disaster healing and recovery, offering hope and serving as front line responders in helping make our communities thrive again. As we continue to endure through this pandemic, this show will position regional artists to do just that.
Submission Deadline: May 28, 2021
Acceptance Notification: June 7, 2021
Artwork Drop Off: June 28 & 29, 2021, 9am-6pm
Exhibit on View: July 6 – September 10, 2021
Artwork Pick Up: September 13 & 14, 2021, 9am -6pm
Reception: COVID-19 Dependent
This is an open call exhibit for residents of New York and Pennsylvania. Priority is given to local artists.
Artists are encouraged to explore a variety of responses across any medium. Submissions must meet the following in order to be eligible:
- Up to two pieces of artwork may be submitted
- An accompanying statement must comment on each artwork and its relationship to the theme
- Previously made artwork is eligible, however, artwork must speak specifically to the theme; artwork created for this show will be given priority
- Only work submitted through this jury process will be considered for this show
- Not all work will be accepted and some work may be disqualified due to failure to meet submission criteria; the jury reserves the right to reject work that is disrespectful
Please see The COVID-19 Response Show Call for Artists page for all other details including submission eligibility, delivery, installation of work.
All submissions must be made through the online submission form. The submission deadline is Friday, May 28, 2021, 11:59pm.