Date(s) - 05/08/2021
12:00 pm - 2:30 pm
171 Cedar Arts Center
Instructor: Rachell Gestrich
This is a comprehensive beginner’s course to modern calligraphy. You will learn all of the basics from preparing the nibs to posture and writing letterforms. This course is friendly to both left and right-handed individuals. Each student will receive one-on-one instruction and leave with a 31-page printable worksheet and electronic version to continue practicing on their own.
The workshop will include the following:
- Learn what calligraphy is and how it’s different from hand lettering or handwriting.
- Learn the tools for modern calligraphy.
- How to prep nibs and pens and how to assemble them.
- Proper posture, full arm movement, and how to hold the pen.
- Practicing faux calligraphy.
- Warm-ups with the pointed pen, hairlines, swells, and basic shapes.
- Practicing letter forms, words, and connectors
All supplies are included, and students will go home with their pen, nibs, and practice worksheets.
Prerequisite: Must be able to write in cursive.
Saturday, 12:00 – 2:30 pm
May 8, 2021 (1 day)
Location: Drake Art Studio