Annually The ARTS Council of the Southern Finger Lakes distributes more than $150,000 in funds from New York State Council on the Arts (NYSCA) and the Community Foundation of Elmira-Corning and the Finger Lakes to local artists and organizations in New York for community-focused arts and cultural activities and professional development opportunities.
The ARTS Council administers grants to Cattaraugus, Chemung, Steuben, Schuyler, and Tioga counties. Visit NYSCA’s Statewide Community Regrant webpage to see which arts organization administers grants in your county.
2022 QuickARTS & Artist Development Grants
The 2022 application cycle is now open. There is no application deadline. Grants are given on a rolling basis until funds are exhausted.
These grants are for applicants from Chemung, Steuben, & Schuyler counties.
- QuickARTS grants provide up to $500 for short-term community focused arts and cultural projects that help make arts and culture accessible to community members. More information can be found on the QuickARTS grant page.
- Artist Development grants provide up to $500 to artists to support professional opportunities as well as help to alleviate economic disparity and insecurity facing artists. More information can be found on the Artist Development grant page.
These grants are administered by The ARTS Council of the Southern Finger Lakes with funding from the Community Foundation of Elmira-Corning and the Finger Lakes.
2022 Community Arts, Teaching Artist, & Individual Artist Grants
The 2022 grant cycle is now closed.
These grants are for applicants from Cattaraugus, Chemung, Schuyler, Steuben, & Tioga counties.
- Community Arts grants support the activities of artists community organizations in service to local residents. Grants range from $500 to $5,000. More information can be found on the Community Arts grant page.
- Teaching Artist grants support sequential, arts education projects for K-12 students through in-school or after-school projects in schools or community centers. Grants range from $500 to $5,000. More information can be found on the Teaching Artist grant page.
- Individual Artist grants support the creation of new work by individual artists. Grants range from $1,000 to $2,500. More information can be found on the Individual Artist grant page.
This project is made possible with funds from the Statewide Community Regrants Program (SCR), a regrant program of the New York State Council on the Arts with the support of the Office of the Governor and the New York State Legislature and administered by The ARTS Council of the Southern Finger Lakes.