Annually The ARTS Council of the Southern Finger Lakes distributes more than $100,000 in funds from New York State Council on the Arts (NYSCA) and the Community Foundation of Elmira-Corning and the Finger Lakes to local artists and organizations in New York for community-focused arts and cultural activities and professional development opportunities.
The ARTS Council administers grants to primarily Chemung, Steuben, Schuyler, and Tioga counties. Visit the NYSCA Decentralization site list to see which arts organization administers grants in your county.
Community Foundation Funded Grants (for Chemung, Schuyler, and Steuben counties)
The 2021 application cycle is now open.
- QuickARTS grants provide up to $500 for short-term community focused arts and cultural projects that help make arts and culture accessible to Chemung, Schuyler, and Steuben county residents. Grants are given on a rolling basis until funds are exhausted. More information can be found on the QuickARTS grant page.
- Artist Development grants provide up to $500 to local artists from Chemung, Schuyler, and Steuben counties. These grants support professional opportunities as well as help to alleviate economic disparity and insecurity facing artists. Grants are given on a rolling basis until funds are exhausted. More information can be found on the Artist Development grant page
NYSCA Decentralization Funded Grants (for Chemung, Schuyler, Steuben, and Tioga counties in NY State)
*The 2021 grant cycle is now closed.*
- Teaching Artist grants support sequential, arts education projects for K-12 students through in-school or after-school projects. Grants range from $500 to $5,000. The application deadline is Friday, October 23, 2020. More information can be found on the Teaching Artist grant page. The deadline has passed.
- Individual Artist grants support individual artists who plan to create new work in the community. Grants range from $1,000 to $2,500. The application deadline is Friday, October 30, 2020. More information can be found on the Individual Artist grant page. The deadline has passed.
- Community Arts grants support the activities of artists community organizations in service to local residents. Grants range from $500 to $5,000. The application deadline is Friday, November 6, 2020. More information can be found on the Community Arts grant page. The deadline has passed.
Application Support Materials
Applying to grants can often be overwhelming, but we’ve put together the following to help make the process as simple as possible:
How to Use the Online Application
In this video you’ll learn how to use and complete an online application to the QuickARTS and Artist Development Grant Programs through the submittable online application system.
How to Create a Budget Form
In this video you’ll learn how to complete the budget form for the 2021 QuickARTS and Artist Development Grant Programs.
Grant Review Panels
The ARTS Council is seeking qualified individuals to serve as review panelists for the 2020 Community Arts, Teaching Artist, & Individual Artist Grant programs. This is a wonderful opportunity to help artists and organizations carry out arts and cultural programming in your local community and schools.
More coming soon!