New York State Electronic Media and Film Grants: 2014 Finishing Funds Awards
The ARTS Council of the Southern Finger Lakes, in partnership with the New York State Council on the Arts, is pleased to announce this year’s awards in the Finishing Funds grant program.
Finishing Funds provides support to New York State artists for the completion (postproduction) of film, video, sound, new media and Web-based art. Awards are made annually and range from $500 to $2,500. A total of $26,000 was awarded this year. Grants are funded by the New York State Council on the Arts, a state agency.
The following artists were awarded Finishing Funds grants in 2014.
- Bob Bellerue, Brooklyn, for Damned Piano
- Jason Bernagozzi, Owego, for Circuit
- Shannon Carroll, Brookyln, for Southside Stories
- Jax Deluca and Kyle Marler, Buffalo, for In Between Spaces
- Mariam Ghani, Brooklyn, for Like Water From A Stone
- Carlos Gomez, New York, for ROSALBA
- Stephanie Gray, Flushing, for Seeing Thru Buffalo(s)
- Tal Halpern, Brooklyn, for The Fantastic World of D503
- Phillip Hastings, Silver Creek, for Morphologies
- Amanda Katz, Brooklyn, for As You Pass By (co-created by Georg Anthony Svatek)
- Amanda Trager and Erik Moskowitz, Brooklyn, for Two Russians in the Free World
- Lila Yomtoob, Brooklyn, for America 1979