Permanent residents in Allegany, Broome, Chemung, Chenango, Schuyler, Steuben, Tompkins, Tioga, or Yates county are eligible to apply.
- Visual Artists including painting, sculpture, mixed media, installation, media, film, video, & sound artists who create original work as their primary focus versus interpreting or performing the work of others. Artists can be from more than one discipline.
- Working for a minimum of three years as a professional artist (primary source of income does not have to be from artistic work); can be emerging or established
- Able to attend and participate in all program activities
- At least 18 years of age at time of application deadline
Selection Criteria and Process
- Clarity of artistic vision and purpose
- Strength of work sample
- Track record of ongoing artistic activity
- Readiness to move to a new phase of their artistic career
- Can significantly benefit from the Program’s focus on goal-setting and skill-building in fundraising, marketing and financial management
- Can benefit from developing a new network of professional contacts
Application Deadline and Submission Process
The completed application consists of the following:
- Applicant information
- Narrative Questions
- Artistic Work Samples
- Resume or CV
For assistance or support, contact Chris Walters, The ARTS Council’s Grants Manager & Gallery Curator, at chris@eARTS.org or 607-962-1332 x205.