The Evelyn Peeler Peacock Gallery at The ARTS Council announces a call for artists for The Fire Arts Show.
The Evelyn Peeler Peacock Gallery at The ARTS Council announces a call for artists to participate in The Fire Arts Show.
The ARTS Council invites artists from the Southern Finger Lakes and beyond to submit works celebrating the fire arts. All mediums incorporating fire arts are eligible. Examples include, but aren’t limited to Ceramics, Flameworking, Metalworking, Glass Blowing, and more.
The ARTS Council welcomes both smaller pieces and larger installations that creatively utilize the gallery space.
The Fire Arts Show will be held in conjunction with Glassfest 2023, a weekend long celebration of glass and fire arts, which welcomes thousands of visitors to the region.
Wise Woman Waiting by Mavin Ambrose
- Submission Deadline: April 7
- Acceptance Notification: April 21
- Artwork Drop Off: May 22 & 23, 9am-5pm
- Exhibit on View: May 26 – July 7
- Reception: Friday, May 26, 4-6pm (Glassfest 2023 Opening Night)
- Artwork Pick Up: July 10 & 11, 9am-5pm
This is a juried, open call exhibit for residents of New York and Pennsylvania. Priority is given to local artists.
The following are submissions requirements:
- All work must incorporate the fire arts in the creation of the work
- Up to two pieces of artwork may be submitted and you may include up to 3 images detailing each submitted work
- Artwork can be previously created or created specifically for this show
- Pedestal, Floor Standing, or Wall art may be submitted
- Work that cannot fit atop a 10×10 inch pedestal top must include its own accompanying stand or display
- Wall art may weigh up to 50 pounds; hanging work must utilize the gallery’s hanging system
- Not all work will be accepted and the jury reserves the right to reject work that is disrespectful, hateful, or otherwise violates The ARTS Council’s anti-discrimination policy
- For any work sold, The ARTS Council will retain a 30% commission for artist members and a 50% commission for non-members
- Shipped work must be shipped pre-paid; a pre-paid return shipping label for use at the end of the exhibition must also be included
- Please see the Standard Exhibit Guidelines for pictures of our wall hanging system and other information about the gallery.
All submissions must be made through the online submission form at earts.submittable.com. The submission deadline is Friday, April 7, 2023, 11:59pm.
For assistance or questions regarding the submission process, or for inquiries into special installations, please contact Chris Walters, The ARTS Council’s Grants Manager & Gallery Curator at chris@eARTS.org.