The Evelyn Peeler Peacock Gallery at The ARTS Council announces a call for artists for The COVID-19 Response Show.
COVID-19 has shattered the very foundations on which we stand. A world taking refuge behind masks has both divided us and united us, scared us and inspired us. But there is one thing we can all cling to: hope for the future, a better and brighter world made so by the truths we have faced and the lived experiences we now all have because of this pandemic.
The COVID-19 Response Show, part of a larger undertaking by The ARTS Council, seeks artists of all mediums to draw inspiration upon their experiences during this pandemic. Work is meant to not only reflect life during this pandemic, but to also document this time and offer a creative response to a world turned upside down. Artists have always been part of a community’s disaster healing and recovery, offering hope and serving as front line responders in helping make our communities thrive again. As we continue to endure through this pandemic, this show will position regional artists to do just that.
This is an open call exhibit for residents of New York and Pennsylvania. Priority is given to local artists.
Artists are encouraged to explore a variety of responses across any medium. Submissions must meet the following in order to be eligible:
- Up to two pieces of artwork may be submitted
- An accompanying statement must comment on each artwork and its relationship to the theme
- Previously made artwork is eligible, however, artwork must speak specifically to the theme; artwork created for this show will be given priority
- Pedestal, Floor Standing, or Wall art may be submitted
- You may include up to 3 images detailing each submitted work
- Wall art may weigh up to 50 pounds
- Unless intended for hanging or floor standing, work must fit on a 10×10 inch pedestal top
- Hanging work must utilize our gallery’s hanging system; please see the Standard Exhibit Guidelines for pictures of our wall hanging system (contact for special considerations)
- The Arts Council does not provide specialty mounts, stands, or displays; artists must provide their own mountings and The ARTS Council is not responsible for damage caused by improper hanging
- Only work submitted through this jury process will be considered for this show
- Not all work will be accepted and some work may be disqualified due to failure to meet submission criteria
- The jury reserves the right to reject work that is disrespectful
- Accepted work will be subject to a 30% commission to members of The ARTS Council for any work sold and a 50% commission to non-members
- Work shipped by a common carrier (FedEx, UPS, USPS, etc.) must be shipped pre-paid; a pre-paid return shipping label for use at the end of the exhibition must also be included
- All other Standard Exhibit Guidelines and COVID-19 protocols apply.
All submissions must be made through the online submission form at earts.submittable.com. The submission deadline is Friday, May 28, 2021, 11:59pm.
For assistance or questions regarding the submission process, please contact Chris Walters, The ARTS Council’s Grants Manager & Gallery Curator at chris@eARTS.org.