Spring Into Creativity

Students will receive a $25 gift card to use at the Corning ReStore to find materials that inspire their creativity. Projects will be on display at the Southeast Steuben County Library for public voting. A reception will be held for all participants and winners will be announced for 1st, 2nd, & 3rd place in age groups 1st-6th grade and 7th-12th grade.


January 31: Registration deadline

February 1: Pick-up materials at the ReStore from 3-5pm (You must be able to make this date in order to participate)

February 24-29: Drop-off projects at the Southeast Steuben County Library

March 31: Reception at the Southeast Steuben County Library from 6-7pm


  • You will be awarded 10 extra votes if you include something from the Creation Station at the Southeast Steuben County Library in Corning. To learn more about this MakerSpace visit: https://www.ssclibrary.org/creation-station/
  • Originality is key! Redoing something is great, but coming up with something entirely new out of old stuff will get you more votes.
  • 75% of your project MUST be made from ReStore materials. You can use items you already have at home for the other 25%, but please don’t go out any buy anything new.
  • Parents! We know this is a fun project, but remember, this is your child’s project, not yours. Let their creative ideas shine through and only help when it’s absolutely necessary. We want to keep this competition focused on the kids and their creativity. If you’re interested in doing your own project, we do an adult competition called ReCreate It every Fall.

Register Here

For more information email Casey Winston at casey@earts.org

Thank you to our partners:

These programs would not be possible without the generous support of the
Abeel Bovee Foundation

Thank You 2020 Sponsors!

Title Sponsor

Three Rivers Corp


Corning Credit Union