The ARTS Council of the Southern Finger Lakes’ signature fashion fundraising event will be held Saturday, February 24, 2024, at Corning Museum of Glass!
Call for Entries
This is a juried call. Designers of all ages are welcome. Designers can submit as many proposals as they wish, however, the panel may have to limit the number of accepted designs per designer.
New this year! The ARTS Council has needed to alter the name of the fashion show twice due to trademark issues, so we’ve decided to embrace the change! We are introducing new themes for this and future runways. This year, our theme is New Boots! See Design Guidelines for more details!
Please refer to the Design Guidelines to create your proposal. Use the link to access the online submission form and upload your design. Proposals are due on Friday, October 6, 2023. The results of the jurying will be announced on Friday, October 20, 2023.
Tell us as much as you can about your proposed design. We understand that as art unfolds, it evolves and often changes. We won’t hold you to exactly what you propose but do want to know about the materials and concept so that we can ensure an eclectic and diverse fashion show. The more information you provide, the better we will be able to assess your proposal. Please see successful proposal example.
If your design is chosen, you will be included in the Designers-Only Facebook page. Materials can be sourced through the Facebook page.
- Friday, October 6, 2023 – Proposal deadline
- Friday, October 20, 2023 – Notification to designers
Participation is MANDATORY at the following:
- Monday, November 17, 2023 – Photos & Updates #1
- Monday, December 15, 2023 – Photos & Updates #2
- Friday, January 12, 2024 – Photos & Program Language Due (50 words including Materials, Thesis, & 1 Spirit Sentence)
- Sunday, February 4, 2024 – Model Boot Camp (attendance for one required)
- Sunday, February 4, 2024 – Your Auction Boot Is Due at Model Bootcamp
- Sunday, February 11, 2024 – Model Boot Camp (attendance for one required)
- Saturday, February 24, 2024 – Dress Rehearsal & Fashion Show – ALL Day