Spring Into Creativity 2023
Students will receive a $25 gift card to use at the Corning ReStore to find materials that inspire their creativity. Students will have a month to complete their projects and then an online exhibit will be created for viewing and voting. Winners will be announced for 1st, 2nd, & 3rd place in age groups K-6th grade and 7th-12th grade.
February 24: Registration deadline
February 28 – March 4: You may pick up your materials at the Corning ReStore at any time during the ReStore’s open hours between these dates. Please check the ReStore’s website for their most current hours here. A $25 gift card will be waiting for your student at the front desk. Please check in with ReStore staff upon arrival to receive your gift card
April 10: Projects must be completed and photos must be emailed to Casey at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can submit up to 3 photos and they can include the student in one or two photos, but at least one of the photos has to be just of the completed project
April 24 – May 19: Online Voting Open
June 2: Winners announced via email and social media.
Things to Keep in Mind
- Originality is key! Redoing something is great, but coming up with something entirely new out of old stuff will get you more votes.
- 75% of your project MUST be made from ReStore materials. You can use items you already have at home for the other 25%, but please don’t go out and buy anything new.
- Parents! We know this is a fun project, but remember, this is your child’s project, not yours. Let their creative ideas shine through and only help when it’s absolutely necessary. We want to keep this competition focused on the kids and their creativity. If you’re interested in doing your own project, we do an adult competition called ReCreate It every Fall.