Skip to content
- Must be 18 years or older. (We offer a children’s competition during the spring, so please check back then!)
- Sign up by July 13th
- Come to the ReStore on July 14th from 3-5pm to pick up your materials. You will receive $50 in store credit.
- You are allowed to spend an additional $50 on your project either at the ReStore or elsewhere, as long as it’s all upcycled materials.
- The final project should be made up of at least 75% of ReStore materials.
- Please have your projects completed and dropped off to the SSC Library between August 14th and 17th.
- Sizing: The only restriction is the items must be able to be transported by the participant.
- After the winners are chosen, the item is considered a donation to SESC Habitat for Humanity ReStore. Items will be silent auctioned off to the general public from August 29th – September 8th as a fundraiser.
- July 14th: Materials Pick-Up at the ReStore from 3-5pm. You must be able to attend this event in order to participate in ReCreate It.
- August 14th – 17th: Drop-off projects at the Southeast Steuben County Library.
- August 20th – 25th: Public Voting at the Library.
- August 29th – September 8th: Voting and Project Auction at the ReStore.
- Week of September 10th: Winners will be announced.
- Your projects will be voted on by selected judges from The ARTS Council, including our guest judge, Tom Cook, as well as the general public.
- The ARTS Council judging panel will count towards 50% of the total vote while the remaining 50% will be from the total votes from the general public.
- August 20th through August 25th the general public will have the opportunity to vote for their favorite projects which will be on display at the Southeast Steuben County Library.
- One vote per person only please. Yes you can vote on your own project.
- August 29th the voting will continue at the Corning ReStore until September 8th.
- The public auction of each project will occur between August 29th and September 8th at the ReStore.
- 1st place receives $200 store credit to the Corning ReStore, $20 Creation Station Credit, and 1 Year FREE Membership to The ARTS Council.
- 2nd Place receives $100 store credit to the ReStore, $10 Creation Station Credit, and 1 Year FREE Membership to The ARTS Council.
- 3rd Place receives $50 Store Credit to the ReStore, $5 Creation Station Credit, and 1 Year FREE Membership to The ARTS Council.